Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Crucible


Wow, junior year is over. I can hardly believe it. We covered so many things in English this year. My favorite would have to be 'The Crucible' by Arthur Miller. This play takes place during the time of the Salem Witch Trials. I think it's my favorite piece of work that we covered due to the fact that I can relate to it. Being falsely accused of something and not being able to prove yourself innocent The only way to get out of it is by 'repenting' and asking forgiveness. It truly isn't fair. I feel that if I were one of those young women accused of witchcraft, I would hold steady to the fact that I know that I'm innocent, so it shouldn't matter that they think I'm guilty. Even though that decision would cost me my life, I would die with my morals intact. I wouldn't compromise myself and my honor just so that I may be able to live for a few more months or years. Yes, it would mean that my life would be over, that my friends and family wouldn't be able to see me, to talk to me. They would soon heal, however. Yes, it would take time, but as the saying goes, "time heals all wounds". Some just take a bit longer than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment