Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Writing improvement


I feel that I've improved upon my writing this year, due to the fact that my vocabulary is much larger than when we began this year. The structure of my writing has also improved, I suppose. I write in a more formal way than I used to. I've learned how to cover a wider range of topics than I used to be able to, anything from animal testing to topless coffee shops. Which, by the way, I'm not sure how I feel about. I feel they might just be objectifying women. However, that's not what this is about. This is about improving, not the deceleration of society. If I were to post a piece of work I wrote sophomore year in comparison with the first piece I posted on here, you would see a vast change in the vocabulary, the pattern of the words, and the flow of feelings in the pieces. I think I would like to improve upon my writing further next year by covering a broader spectrum of topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment