Thursday, January 7, 2010

The future me. (I hope)

So, apparently I'm supposed to write about where I see myself in 10 years or so. I think. I'm kind of lost honestly. No sleep last night plus ADHD equals a very confused me. Oh well. Since I'm 99.9% sure that's what I'm supposed to write about, here goes. In ten years, I see myself with a child who is ten years old, asking, no, begging, for everything he or she sees. Yes, I'm about to be a teen parent. I'm due in early July. I realize that this is greatly decreasing my chances of getting out of here, of finding a good college to go to, or finding a good career. Somehow, I'm okay with this. I'm actually excited to be a mother soon. I'm due in early July. We're really hoping for July fourth. The baby's father was born on Halloween and we think it would be interesting to have a child on the fourth of July. At least I wouldn't be able to forget either of their birthdays. The father of my child is hoping for a boy, I, however, am hoping for a little girl that I will be able to spoil to no end. I want her name to be Mikaia Marie. Or possibly Victoria Carleigh. I haven't decided quite yet. You see, I get to name the girl because he gets to name the boy. Hence me wanting a girl first. Yes, first. But I digress. I see myself with, hopefully, a ten year old daughter running around with her friends, laughing and smiling happily everyday. I see myself in a modest house with at least three bedrooms and all the necessary things for healthy living. We don't need things like giant televisions in every room or the fanciest china. I just want us to be happy. We don't need to be rich or anything. I see myself reading to my child every night at bedtime, tucking them in and giving them a kiss goodnight. I can see myself checking under the bed and in the closet for monsters, giving the okay for them to climb into bed. I'll be the happy stay-at-home-mom who cooks and cleans each day, waiting for her husband to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment